Nature of consultation process:
Michelle Robinson M.A. (Cantab), Dip. ION, mBANT, NTC and CNHC registered
A successful session of nutritional therapy will result in the client starting to take control of his or her diet and lifestyle, and moving towards long-term positive change.
- A health questionnaire is sent prior to the first consultation. This gives you the opportunity to give details of your health concerns, medical history and dietary habits amongst other things. This information is treated with the strictest confidence, and helps to learn about your lifestyle and pinpoint the possible underlying causes of your symptoms.
- The initial consultation is approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours, and this provides an opportunity to have a thorough face-to-face discussion and devise a personalised diet and lifestyle programme to suit your individual needs. Where necessary, supplements may be recommended to address suspected vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Where appropriate, biochemical testing may be recommended to help pinpoint the underlying cause of a health problem.
- A comprehensive personal report will follow the consultation, which will attempt to explain the underlying causes of your health problems, and confirm our agreed, manageable initial strategy to improve your symptoms and meet your health goals.
- A follow-up consultation- usually 4-6 weeks later provides an opportunity to discuss your progress, give continuing support and encouragement, as well as make any necessary ongoing changes to the nutritional programme. Telephone and email support can be practical methods of providing support to the client.
- The number and nature of follow-up consultations varies enormously between individuals, but the aim is to furnish the client with the tools and education to make long-term improvements to their health.
- The next stage is to download our nutrition questionnaire and fax it to us to assess how much a nutritionist and nutritional therapy can benefit you.
- If you have any further questions, you can use our online forms to contact us.